Ready to discover something new and successfully promote that new experience to others? The Residence at Orchards Walk in Kamloops is seeking an experienced and dynamic sales manager. This position starts as soon as possible and will last for a minimum of six months. Your primary responsibility will be attracting potential residents and closing the leasing of upscale, brand new units to mature adults seeking an elegant, care-free lifestyle.
Assist with the promotion of the residence and manage the leasing of these elegant new units to mature adults by arranging/conducting tours, managing and follow up on all inquiries, building a positive relationship with potential residents, and promoting the residence by developing positive relationships with organizations within the community such as the Chamber of Commerce, Seniors Centres, Community Associations, and volunteer/social groups which attract mature adults.
In coordination and under the direction of the GM and Director of Sales, the successful Sales Manager will:
- Plan and host special marketing events;
- Provide input to advertising campaigns;
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on leads;
- Ensure potential new residents are invited to and enjoy special events; and
- In coordination with the general manager, attend weekly meetings to provide updates on planned activities and to report on sales data (tours, sales, move-ins and move-outs).
As a manager, the successful candidate will also handle the data side of the position, which includes the following tasks:
- Maintain a data base of prospects and all follow-up activities;
- Maintain regular contact and follow-up of those on prospect lists;
- Maintain a current list of rental units filled/available;
- Provide current information to the General Manager and/or designate immediately upon changes to units rented, units available, and units that have interested parties;
- Submit monthly statistical reports (move-ins/move-outs/vacancies/monthly revenues) to the General Manager and to the Director of Sales and Marketing;
- Keep accurate records of all matters related to sales/rentals/occupancy; and
- Stay within and maintain an accurate budget of all marketing expenditures.
Experience in sales and marketing, public relations, and customer service is required. Applicants must provide proven and measurable sales results obtained during previous employment. Assets are a proven ability to work with a diverse group of individuals, especially seniors 55+, and a background in related fields, such as real estate, marketing, residential leasing and sales, and seniors’ accommodation. A minimum of five years’ sales experience is preferred.
- Consistently personable and professional;
- Excellent proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Mature, honest, respectful, reliable, and trustworthy;
- Able to understand and adhere to relevant company and provincial policies, procedures, and protocols;
- Organized with proven time-management skills;
- Flexible and able to set and meet priorities; and
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and clearly explain legal documents to others.
- Effective communication skills for the 55+ age group, with advertising venues; and with organizations which may assist in attracting residents;
- Effective team worker with strong collaborative skills;
- Able to set priorities in consultation with the General Manager and Director of Sales and meet those priorities;
- Creative and able to work flexible hours to meet marketing requirements; and
- Able to accurately and clearly explain legal documents to assist potential residents in completing paperwork.
The following additional abilities would be an asset:
- Experience with statistical analysis;
- Report-writing and use of spreadsheets;
- Development of promotional materials; and
- Experience with legal documents related to housing rental or leasing.
- Full time for six months, may be extended based on performance
- Industry-standard remuneration and benefits, based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Required education & Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- sales: 5 years
If you truly enjoy meeting people and assisting in promoting new lifestyle decisions, please submit your resume and any references and qualifications by e-mail as soon as possible. This position is open immediately.
Apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org